There are many reasons as to why you may need to wear a tuxedo, all of which you will want to ensure that you look your absolute best. While you are shopping for the perfect tuxedo for your special affair, you will want to follow some tuxedo “rules” so that you can look just right for your occasion.
Following some do’s and don’ts for wearing your tuxedo will allow you to have confidence that you will look your absolute best.
Here at Tuxedo Junction and Suits, it is our goal to have you representing the right appearance for your wedding or event. That’s why we have gathered the top tuxedo do’s and don’ts to assist you. If you are interested in learning more, be sure to continue reading:
- When wearing a single-breasted tuxedo, you should have only one button, and either a peaked lapel or a shawl collar.
- For a cleaner appearance, opt for jetted besom pockets on the jacket, as they are much more formal than flap pockets.
- A vest or a cummerbund should be worn if you have chosen a single-breasted jacket, while vests will pair better with peaked lapels, and cummerbunds with shawl collars.
- The colors of your tuxedo should either be black or very dark blue.
- Belts should not be worn with tuxedos. Instead, wear pants that take braces or that have side tabs.
- Avoid shoes that have too many details. Shoes such as wingtips or broguing’s are too sporty for tuxedos.
- Only bow ties should be worn, as neckties are too business-like for a tuxedo.
- Don’t get flap pockets, as they too are more for representing a business appeal rather than formality.
Since you will of course want to look dashing in your tuxedo, you should certainly consider these do’s and don’ts to ensure that you do. If you are still seeking a tuxedo rental in Los Angeles California, contact us today, as Tuxedo Junction and Suits in the Westfield Topanga Mall in Canoga Park, California is ready to assist you in discovering your wedding attire.